Hi, I’m Steve Rodriguez and I’ve been taking the headache out of home inspections since 2003.
And though I was greener than gourd guts when I started, I had a clear picture of what a great home inspection should look like:
- Quick and friendly customer service
- Clear, plain language
- A thorough inspection
- An easy-to-understand report
And the reason is simple…the jack of all trades is the master of none.
You see, we only do home inspections.
We don’t do mold.
We don’t do asbestos.
We don’t do stucco, septic, chimney scopes, or even radon testing (we’ll help you order these services from the top companies in town).
Instead, we concentrate our considerable experience and resources on the only things that matter – finding, prioritizing, and making sure you understand all the issues in and around your home.
“Steve’s thoroughness was amazing…the most professional inspection process I have ever been through!”
– R. Johannes, Overland Park, KS.
And we take it very seriously.
So while the other guys dabble in other things, we commit our years of laser-focused attention into the areas of your home they overlook to uncover the details they miss.
“This inspector needs a BIG “S” on his shirt…and a cape…great thorough inspection Mr. Rodriguez”
– K. howard, Overland Park, KS.
Here’s What You Get
And it starts the moment we pick up the phone.
- You are the most important person at your home inspection so we will work around your schedule, answer all your questions, and address all of your concerns.
- A polished home inspection that works with you by combining your input with our unique 1624-item 100% home inspection to shape a remarkably custom experience that will make your next move (and any future maintenance) crystal clear.
- A digital report delivered to you the same day so you can move fast and never miss a deadline. Even more, it’s intuitive, detailed, clear, full of enhanced photos, and written in a way that even my mom can understand (love you, mom!).
- Free support for as long as you own your home so you’ll never feel lost or confused.
Consider us your home ownership advisor.
“It makes me very comfortable knowing that I can contact you in the future with any questions I have”
– S. SILVERS, KANSAS CITY, MO.
What Could You Do With an Extra $3000? (3)
Did you know our average customer gets nearly $3000 back after their home inspection?
In the hundreds of follow-up discussions we’ve had over the years, we’ve found that you can expect to get back an average of $2,880 (sometimes upwards of $20,000) in repairs, concessions, and price reduction after your home inspectio.(3)
That’s an average return of 556%.(2)
What could you do with that?
New washer and dryer?
Well, here are just a few recent customers who saw this kind of return (and more):
- Mark S. from Shawnee got a 15-year-old roof completely removed and replaced with a brand new $9,000 40-year roof because hail damage caused water leaks above his living room and dining room ceilings (damage that was missed by a previous home inspector because he didn’t even walk on the roof).
- Steven G. from Lee’s Summit got $6,500 worth of foundation and basement repairs completed before he even moved in, which stopped the water that was leaking through the foundation and creating deadly mold behind the drywall – mold he didn’t even know was there.
- Scott T. is a real estate investor from Colorado who got over $3,100 in plumbing drains professionally replaced in his rental property when it was discovered that his drain lines were cracked and he had a major tree root problem lurking in his front yard.
I could go on and on…
- Oh, then there’s Brandon H. from Liberty who had $4,300 worth of electrical work done before he even closed on the home that included new electrical service and new main panel because the old service was unsafe and the original panel was not only recalled by the manufacturer, but also full of deadly homemade wiring just waiting for the right time to arc, spark, and catch fire.
You get the picture.
“Nice job Steve–you saved me thousands in costly basement repairs. Your professionalism and thoroughness really made an impact”
– M. Wang, Overland Park, KS.
Here’s EXACTLY What We’ll do
1) Our goal is to help you completely understand the condition of your new home.
Not tell you to buy it.
Or tell you not to buy it.
Those are your decisions, not ours.
We just want to make sure you understand the inspection findings clearly and completely before you leave.
2) We’ll answer all your questions and address any concerns.
Try to show up, get involved, and ask questions.
This is an opportunity to learn from the only person qualified to help you understand your home inside and out.
3) You’ll get your report the same day.
The clock’s ticking.
And we know you’ve got important decisions to make – fast – so you’ll never have to wait for your home inspection report.
4) You’ll get a quick follow-up call the next day.
Your report contains alot of information.
And sometimes you’ll have a question or two after you read it.
So instead of waiting for you to call us, we’ll call you.
Just to make sure you got the report and still have no questions.
5) Finally, we’ll help you with any problems or questions for as long as you own the home.
“You made things easy to understand
for someone who doesn’t know
much about home repairs.”
– S. Murray, Kansas City, MO.
The 5 things you need to know Before We Work Together
The home inspection might not seem like the most intuitive or straightforward part of the home buying process.
And it’s not unusual for a little mystery and confusion to creep in as you’re shopping around.
Leading to questions like…
- Why are all the prices different?
- What should I expect?
- What happens if something gets missed?
These are important questions that should be answered upfront.
So let’s clear the smoke…
#1 – I cannot see through walls
Sometimes customers expect me to have x-ray vision.
I get it.
I’d want that, too.
Especially if I was you.
Because it’s the things we can’t see that scare us.
In fact, if I could choose a superpower, X-ray vision would be my second choice.
Talk about cornering the market.
No other home inspector would stand a chance.
Unfortunately, it’s just not possible.
Fortunately, our 10,000+ inspections have sharpened our senses to the point where we can spot inconsistencies and hidden issues like an eagle spots a field mouse.
Plus, all of our home inspections are guaranteed.
#2 – I’m not the cheapest home inspector in town
And here’s why:
Anyone searching for the cheapest home inspection thinks they’re all the same.
So getting the lowest price becomes their highest priority.
This is a mucho jumbo mistake.
Because no two home inspectors are the same.
You’re paying for their skill, talent, experience, effort, knowledge, detail, commitment, time, and unique perspective.
Those are the hallmarks of a true professional.
And because they’re hard to find, they don’t come cheap.
They go the extra mile, stick their neck out, and make sure you and your family don’t stroll into a life-sucking, bank-account-draining money pit.
They worry so you don’t have to.
Besides, this is your home.
Trust me. You don’t want to trade the time, trouble and cost it takes to deal with missed items just to save a few bucks.
It’s not worth it.
Remember, good inspections aren’t cheap and cheap inspections aren’t good.
#3 – I’m not psychic (unfortunately)
I can’t predict the future.
And as much as I want to, it’s not possible (this superpower would be my first choice).
I’ll never be able to tell you if something will break, leak, or crack within the next hour let alone the next week, month, or year.
I wish I could, but I can’t.
No one can. (if they disagree, ask them to guess your next move right before you hang up the phone).
I can only push the systems and components in your home to the point where any chance a hidden issue will sneak up and nab you later is minimal.
Some people don’t understand this – or won’t accept it – but, they must – just like you.
But, it’s not all doom and gloom.
Because we take your home inspection very seriously.
If something pops up or falls through the cracks after you move in we’ll work with you to find a solution.
#4 – I’m not perfect
Man, my ex-wife would have fun with this one.
And this should come as no surprise to you because nobody is.
Heck, pro baseball players make millions and only get it right 25% of the time.
Sometimes I’m late and sometimes things get missed, information gets misunderstood, and people get upset.
It doesn’t happen often these days, but it’s still a possibility.
And I’m not embarrassed to say I’ve messed up plenty in my career:
“What do you get when you cross a new home inspector with a garage door and a 12-pack of soda?”
Hint: It wasn’t pretty.
But, I don’t take my mistakes lightly (you don’t get far in life if you do).
This is why I have insurance, warranties, and guarantees.
So if something goes wrong later you can relax knowing we will work toward a real, fair solution.
If it’s something I missed I’ll take responsibility, make it right, learn the lesson, and move on.
It’s nothing personal.
The only perfect home inspector is one who’s never actually inspected a house and you don’t want to be on the receiving end of their first big blunder.
“This is my second time using Steve. I will continue to use him. He is professional, helpful, very knowledgeable, and a “must have” when making a home purchase.”
– B. Thompson, Blue Springs, MO.
#5 – Finally, if something goes wrong after your inspection please don’t take it personally
Regardless of what some people think, we care about you and your home.
But home inspections are not an exact science.
They’re a combination of finesse, skill, experience, commitment, talent, and training.
And no matter how gifted the inspector, how thorough the inspection, or how hard he tries, something will inevitably go wrong.
It’s just a matter of time.
Nobody’s perfect and no one can predict the future, remember?
Besides, a house is already immensely complex, hiding most of its important parts inside walls, under floors, above ceilings, and behind the insulation.
Not to mention all the furniture, appliances, TVs, clothes, boxes, and shelves (which we can’t move, by the way) that get in the way of everything else we want to see, touch, and feel.
This all creates some pretty big obstacles, but an experienced home inspector will develop an intuition that allows him to find most of these hidden problems, anyway.
But as I said before…it’s impossible for a home inspector to find everything wrong with your home or know when something might break, crack or leak.
So if something goes wrong after your home inspection, don’t forget that your home inspector is only human and did the best he could.
Just contact him and try to work out a reasonable solution to get the issue resolved.
Still Here? Good. Here’s My Challenge To You:
Kimberly will answer your call or respond to your message.
You have nothing to lose.
We provide a simple money-back guarantee (If you show up and get involved, but don’t feel it’s worth your time or money you don’t pay us – period).
So all the risk is on me (that’s no misprint).
Pretty simple, right?
Go ahead and make the call…I know you’ll be thrilled.
President/Certified Master Inspector®
Bulldog Professional Inspection Services
(1)According to 2015-2019 Google Reviews
(2)Based on our current home inspection pricing
(3)This is not a promise or guarantee. Results always vary.